Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shelfari

Thanks to Charity Preston over at the Organized Classroom Blog and the Teacher Blog Traffic School, I found this AWESOME website:


Here's why it's so awesome:

* You can keep track of books you've read and give reviews.
* When you search for books (that you've read) to add to your shelf, 
   you discover new books to read!
* You can follow others and discover new books to read!
* This is another way to find out about supplemental material that 
   teachers have created to accompany books they've read (children's 
   literature)

For example, I really wanted to do a Mark Teague author study this spring but didn't find too many books to share with my 1st graders, but one popped up as I typed in "The Three Little Pigs".  Can't wait to hunt it down and read it!

Here's what my quickly expanding shelf looks like!

Also, I don't know about you but in college I really wanted my Elementary Education classes to expose me to good children's literature authors...but they didn't.  And I have never really ever made the time to carefully prowl the aisles of my local public library to expose myself to authors and books that I should be reading to my students.  Fortunately this happened last fall when I was on maternity leave and got to take my daughter and newborn son to the library for outings.  But now Shelfari is helping expose me to more good children's literature from the comfort of my home (and jammies)!

Go check out this AWESOME website!
Go right now...I mean it!



1 comment:

  1. Great resource! I'm your newest follower and a fellow Alaskan :) Hop over when you have a chance!

    Teaching in the Tongass

    ReplyDelete