Monday, February 11, 2013

The 100th Day of School

Finally...it arrived!

Every K, 1 and 2 teacher knows about the time honored tradition of celebrating the 100th day of school.  I've been teaching for 14 years now but I had no clue about it until year 6, when I started teaching second grade in English.  My first five years were spent teaching all in French at a French Immersion school in Edina, Minnesota.  We never kept track of the days of school and certainly didn't celebrate the 100th day.  But now I know and now it really is a fun tradition.
 
My first grade team does a grade level event in our MPR called Hundreds Day Hullabaloo.  There are 10 stations that focus on some aspect of 100.   
 
 This year we tried a few new ideas (thank you Pinterest).  My favorite was station #10, the GIANT number grid.  I came up with this on my own one day recently and had fun making the grid with painters tape.


You print off bubble numbers for kids to color and decorate and then they must correctly put it on the grid, using a few pre-existing numbers as clues.

I have a 100's day packet on TPT, but I now need to update it with some of these new ideas.

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment