Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Pig the Pug

I stumbled upon a new book series last week that I am in love with!

I was flipping through books in my classroom and came across 'Pig the Winner'. It was a book I ordered from the Scholastic Book Order last year and never did anything with.  So I sat right down, read it and laughed the entire time!  Aaron Blabey's use of rhyme throughout the entire book is fantastic and I immediately thought "I've got to turn these books into Readers' Theater scripts because they are awesome fluency practice AND infuses SEL!"

Badda Bing, Badda Boom: Pig the Pug PACK



I loved writing these scripts because they're funny and short!  I have a hard time keeping my scripts to 3 pages or less and each script is about 2 pages.

I've ordered all the other books (Pig the Grub, BTW, is hard to find and I got it online from Australia) and am planning to do a Pig the Pug week right after Thanksgiving and then invite parents to come watch the plays so they can listen to their children and be proud of their growth thus far in 1st grade.

Click on Pig below to check it out!










No comments:

Post a Comment