Monday, February 4, 2013

Themed Writing Journals


I'm linking up with Tara again to share what I've been working on this weekend:




About 2 weeks ago, I met with some 1st grade colleagues that get together once a month to share ideas.  Our focus was writing and one of the teachers pulled out these notebooks she'd made for kids to write in.  Each notebook had a different "theme".  She printed a cute cover and glued it to the outside of the notebook and VOILA my brain started racing!  This is the thing I've been searching for to answer the age old question: What do kids do who have finished their writing but I'm still helping other kids and there is still time left?
I'm going to have them go write in one of these journals!
I'm going to introduce them this week and already this past weekend, I've done two things (like climb a "snow mountain" with my daughter & make potato soup) that I want to write about in one of these journals.  So I think I'll write about those two things and share it in the Author's Chair as an introduction to the whole thing!

Go take a peek at the whole pack by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment