Sunday, September 16, 2012

TPT -or- TN

My colleague Deanna and I are like ying and yang...salt and pepper...peanut butter and jelly.  She's the queen of surfing the net and finding TONS of great teaching materials and resources!  I'm the queen of creating teaching materials and resources.  So about a year ago she started talking about this website called Teacher Pay Teacher and went on and on about how much teaching STUFF she found there.
 



She even said I should put my creations on their website and earn some money.  I didn't check out the website right away, but when I did I got totally hooked too.  I like finding great resources but I LOVE creating and posting my own resources!  What I really love about it is the whole marketing piece.  The goal is to make money, so I blindly jumped into it without any guidance or training.  So I really studied other seller's products and how they marketed them.  It's been so fun getting new ideas on how to grow a bigger audience.

Well recently she mentioned another website, Teacher's Notebook.


So I took a peek and finally decided to open a "shop" on the site.
I really thought I wouldn't find much or be impressed...since TPT seems to be the "be all end all".  BUT as I surf and post my creations, there are some features I really like about it (versus TPT):

* When you make a sale, it goes RIGHT into your PayPal account.  You don't have to wait until the end of the 3 month quarter.

* When you make a sale, you get to keep 100% of the price.  

* It seems a bit easier to post items.


Both sites send a weekly newsletter with great information, as well as some neat product promos to check out.

If you haven't already visited the sites, I highly suggest you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment