Monday, September 3, 2012

Made It Monday!

Made It Monday is now going to be on the first Monday of each month over at Tara's fantastic blog:



My blog has been as quiet as a sleeping infant lately because I gave birth to my son Max about 2 weeks ago, so life just got busier and I haven't found the time to blog...until now!  

So this project was completed prior to Max's arrival and is a spin-off of something I've seen from several people doing Monday Made It.

A Birthday Pot


First, I sprayed painted an old flower pot, filled it half way with polished rocks and put star stickers on the outside.


Then I bought pencils AND colored erasers.  I also made and printed off (on good cardstock) the birthday rockets...my classroom has an Outer Space theme.  I slit each one so I could slide it onto a pencil YET hide the eraser.


On a student's birthday, he/she gets to pick out a pencil from the pot.  Whatever colored eraser they find means I give them a "gift certificate" to our class store and they get to pick out one free item from that color drawer.


We use money in my classroom in conjunction with our "Step-It Chart", so kids earn money all the time and then get to spend it at our Friday store.  There are 5 different colored drawers full of things to buy (3 cents, 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents, 25 cents).  


1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Babies are such blessings. :) I love your projects too!

    ReplyDelete