Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fluency Fix for Manic Monday

I'm linking up again with 


Our district started using AimsWeb this year...

and the focus has really been on fluency.  Of course I had my kiddos rereading everything but I felt like there was something missing.  I came up with the idea of writing some short partner plays so kids could practice together during "Read to Someone" time during our Daily 6 groups.  But there always seemed to be an odd number, so I wrote the plays as trios too.  Doing those plays (both during Guided Reading time and Read to Someone time) has really helped many of my kiddos become fluently proficient!  

The bonus is that I LOVE creating these scripts (always trying to make them funny), so everybody wins!

Here's a freebie to try if you're curious about what they are -or- if you're using them and enjoying them.


Here are some pictures of how I set up having the partner plays available for student use during our Daily 6 time:






Now go check out more freebies!




No comments:

Post a Comment