Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday


I'm happily linking up again with

I love to steam my face!  It's so relaxing and feels great but I don't do it very often because it takes more time than I'd like to boil a pot of water on the stove.  So I randomly googled "facial steamer" and ended up buying this off of Ebay.  You put a small amount of water into the base (I add essential oils too!) and then turn it on.  It takes 3 minutes to heat up and I brush my teeth, etc. during that time.  I absolutely love it and there is also a sinus cleansing part that comes with it that I have not tried yet.

I finished writing another non-fiction life cycle Readers' Theater script, which focuses on the flower, and it's a FREEBIE!  My next step is to take all 8 life cycle scripts and put them together in a MEGA non-fiction pack...
Thanks to an idea I saw on FB, I've set a running goal of doing at least one race a month.  I usually train from March-June for a triathlon, a 5K and a half marathon and then stop running.  But this little idea has kept me going so I can add race bibs to my collection....and keep running of course :-)
Tonight I'll be doing a 5-miler in honor of a local athlete who was killed by a car one year ago right in front of his house as he left to go for a bike ride :-(
It feels good to do races that have a higher cause!

I finally started composting!  I bought a big, outdoor garbage can and drilled holes in it.  I mulched a bunch of trimmings from bushes and mowed the yard and threw everything in to get started (per a Pinterest idea I saw).  I bought a small compost pail for kitchen scraps and have stored it underneath the sink and empty it into the big bin when it's full.  Can't wait to turn it into rich soil!
This is a computer desk for 2 students that I built this week.


I was on a run and started thinking about how I will set up my classroom this year.  I love how I have it EXCEPT one BIG thing....the computers cannot be facing my small guided reading table!  So then I started thinking about how I could kind of 'hide' the computers and came up with this slim desk for 2 that I'll put behind my classroom library and next to my GR table.  
Bought a special drill attachment to drill these big holes for the computer cords.
I bought 3 pieces of wood, which I had Home Depot cut up into the measurements I wanted and then put it together in my garage with my BFF tools Thelma & Louise :-)

If the desk does indeed fit where I need it to fit, then I'll whip up 2 more!  I also plan to hang some cute fabric from them so you can't see them and my library bookshelves (which will be directly in front of the desks) will have a cute fabric backdrop.

Have a FunTASTIC weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Wow your computer desk is super cute and looks really useful! I hope it works out for you! Have a great weekend!

    ~Bagby~
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so creative. I've never heard of steaming face machines but they make sense! I love the hot steam from the shower-- that's what I usually do for sinus relief!

    That desk is pretty neat also.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete