Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mystery Kick Off

My high readers are going to dive into the Mystery genre this week.  Cue the music!

I've wanted to create a Mystery chapter book unit for a while.  I wanted it to be useable with any chapter book and I finally took all those ideas floating around in my head and put them down on paper.
On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, as one of our Daily 6 groups, I will meet with my recruits and they will receive detective training.  Next week they will get their first assignment, in which the entire group reads the SAME mystery chapter book, so we can meet to discuss, share and work on our 'Case File'.

I still need to find a cute detective hat so I can take their pictures and put them on the outside of their 'Case File'.  I've already got the trench coat!

P.S.  This blog post will self-destruct in 5 seconds. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment