Thursday, September 4, 2014

Make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree!

We are doing a 2-week alphabet review unit and I usually end it with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...but this time I'm kicking it off with the iconic book!
We use the Houghton-Mifflin reading curriculum, so this unit precedes the first unit.  I created a SmartBoard file that has all the reading activities from A-Z and incorporates the fun Starfall.com videos as well.  
So each day we review 3 letters and then add them to our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.
Brown butcher paper and long green balloons make an AWESOME tree!
On the last day of the unit we'll do a big art project and watch the video.  I'm still deciding what art project to do because I've seen lots of cute things on Pinterest.  I would love to do more 'edible art' this year!

Click on the tree to explore an awesome board on Pinterest!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment