Tuesday, February 17, 2015

LEGO Challenges & Snowman Cupcakes

A couple of weeks ago my 6-year-old was having a meltdown and I had her sit down with me and just quietly put together LEGOs and it was awesome!  She calmed down and we were able to talk through the incident and I gave birth to an idea for my small math groups: LEGO Challenges!
I wanted my students to use LEGOs creatively yet with some structure, so I created 30 task cards and a checklist for students to keep track of which ones they try and complete.
I love to take pictures of students with their finished creations and put them on my website so families can see what we're up to.

Check it out by clicking here.


And now on to tastier things: snowman cupcakes!  I bought some really cool silicone cupcake molds (on Ebay) to use with our snowman unit. I finally tried them out at home and they turned out so well!
I sprayed them with cooking spray just in case...





They came out SOOOOO easily!




You can find them on Ebay and they're super affordable!






No comments:

Post a Comment