Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Slugs

Slugs....they're not my cup of tea.
But my daughter (5) and I saw one last night and stopped to watch it and talk about it.  It's been raining for weeks on end and this was the first day that we've gotten outside in our yard to play in I don't know how long because there was a break in the rain.

I used to teach 2nd grade with a fantastic colleague named Misti and she LOVES slug....gross, I know. I came across a book about slugs one summer and thought of her.  So I thought I'd share some more slug books because it could fit into a science unit or it could be a writing piece:

Informative:
A slug is a snail without a shell.  It leaves a smelly trail behind it so it can get back home.

Narrative:
Once upon a time there was a slug named Sally.  Sally, like all slugs, leaves a trail of slime behind her so she can find her way back home.  But one day...

Opinion:
I don't like slugs for many reasons.  First of all, they are ugly and creepy looking.  Secondly, their slime doesn't wash off your hands!






No comments:

Post a Comment