Saturday, July 5, 2014

Great picture book about perspective...

There's a cute little library in town that we like to visit when we're back home in the summer.  I quickly perused the picture book bins last week and found a real gem!  As I've taught my students to do when they are choosing a good book to read, I also used 

Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal & Tom Lichtenheld is a simple, funny book about perspective: what you see may not be what another sees.  I love the idea behind this book and the funny dialogue!  I will purchasing this book and putting it in our 'Read with Someone' book basket.  I really hope these authors write more books in this style!

This book could also lead to some great writing!  I'm thinking of creating some doodles and pairing kids up to write their own books in this style.  We can publish them so they can also be part of the 'Read with Someone' basket.

Can't wait to get this book and try out the writing activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment