Monday, January 26, 2015

Question -or- Comment?

Has this happened to you before:

Teacher:  Thank you Johnny for raising your hand, what is your question?
Johnny:  My dog got a bath last night and got water everywhere.
Teacher:  Hmmm, Johnny that's not a question.

Some of the things students say when they THINK they're asking a question are hilarious and random!  A friend of mine told me about signs she uses to show and remind her students about the difference between a question and a comment.  She said she just uses sticky notes....but I had to whip something cute up and here it is!
For the past 3 weeks I've been holding these up whenever my students raise their hands because they want to say something.  I'm to the point now that I don't need to hold them up and kids will even tell me, before I ask, what kind of verbal sharing they want to do :-)



Check out these signs and get them for FREE by clicking here.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment