Monday, November 9, 2015

Scaredy Squirrel and the 50th Day of School

Are you hip to be square cats and chicks?

I planned to devote a chunk of Friday morning to celebrating the 50th day of school 1950's style.  But of course I planned too much and finally, after looking at the clock too much and stressing....I said "screw it", fun is more important (sometimes) than curriculum!  So we had a BLAST dressing up, comparing the 1950's to today, enjoying Coke floats, doing a record glyph, learning the Hand Jive and ending our day with a Sock Hop in the gym with all the first grade classes.  I absolutely LOVE this day and am so glad we heard about it a few years ago because now we go all out Daddy-O!

Get this SmartBoard presentation FREE (full of images, music and a video) by clicking here.
Get this packet, full of fun ideas, by clicking here.

Scaredy even got in on the fun!
My poodle skirt
My fabulous 50's glasses

Long live keeping the fun alive in your classroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment