Sunday, January 27, 2013

Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Yep, I've felt like a Timex watch this weekend.  I got a flu shot last fall but think that's what I've got going on right now.  But life goes on and so must I.  My husband was at an RTI conference all weekend, so I was on kid duty...while feeling like a truck ran over me.  PLUS I got this great idea from a colleague last week and had it on the brain all weekend.  Theme Journals!  

I've struggled with "What do kids do who have finished writing but others are not done or time is not up?" FOREVER and have tried many different things. But Theme Journals make total sense and I'm so excited to whip them up and try them out.  The colleague who showed me hers used notebooks you can buy anywhere.  But I wanted to include the handwriting paper I use (HWT), so I made up my own notebooks from scratch.  I'm almost done with the pack I made and want to put them on TPT and TN.  Each Theme Journal has a word bank to go with it.  Here's a sneak peek:



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment