Saturday, May 31, 2014

Curbside Book Borrowing

While out on a long run the other evening, I ran passed something that made me stop in my tracks and literally back up.  It was this:
"What a cute decoration," I thought as I approached it and saw this:
"A curbside mini library, how cool!" I thought.  I took a peek at the book inside but didn't find anything I just had to run away with.  But this idea was something I had read about the Sunday paper a few weeks back.  So I did some research and found out that this is actually a worldwide phenomenon!
I think this is such a neat idea and a great way to promote and spread the love of reading.  There's a map that you can use to find these little nooks and here's one from my area:
I'm going to look into hosting one of these in my front yard and when we're vacationing in Minnesota this summer, I'm going to find some with my soon-to-be first grader.






No comments:

Post a Comment