Thursday, June 25, 2015

Visualizing Worksheet For Any Book

Have you ever TOLD your students a story and then had them SHOW you their comprehension? 


I had never done this before we adopted the Houghton-Mifflin reading curriculum a few years ago and it was a big part of the first few units of study.  I loved this idea (especially at the beginning of 1st grade) and created a booklet that we use for each story we do.
Click to get this freebie.
But after using this for a year, I realized that it can be used whenever with whatever story you want.  It can be a fiction or non-fiction story, a story you read aloud or tell off the cuff.  Here are two examples:
This kiddo broke the story into parts on his own.
This kiddo drew one picture that conveyed the general meaning.

I'll admit, this is my FAVORITE reading strategy because I do it all the time when I'm reading, listening to music, etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment