Friday, July 5, 2013

Saturday Apps #4


Welcome to
   
Apps make the world go round....well not quite, but they do make our mobile devices go.  I stumble upon apps, I find apps on Pinterest and Facebook and seek out FREE apps on AppsGoneFree.  Some of these apps are so awesomely useful to me as a teacher that I wanted to start a weekly Linky Party to share the love and encourage others to do the same!

I will share an app or two with you and include pictures or even a video.  I would love it if you would either:  share an app with us (either by linking up -or- leaving a comment with info.) or try out the app I've recommended and let us know what you think.  Apps can be free or cost money.

If you link up, please tell us:
* the name
* the price
* what devices it works on (iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
* how you use it
* why it's worth downloading

This week I'm sharing:

Space Twinkle

It's .99, works on all i devices and is SUPER relaxing!  You move your fingers around on the screen and your touch creates firework-like images and cool spa music.  This app is best on an iPad because of the large screen.  Here are some uses I can envision for it:

* Once your kiddos are off to a special (music, gym, etc.) or when they're at lunch, have a relaxing brain break at your desk!

* A reward for a behavior plan kiddo: once he/she earns so many stickers for his/her chart (or whatever you use), he/she gets to use the app with headphones in a private spot in the classroom for 1-2 minutes.

* Mirror your iPad with your SmartBoard and it can be your transition time signal.  Kids hear the music as they follow your directions on what to do next and then watch the display once they're ready.  You could even have a different student be in charge of it each time.

Click here for a review/further explanation of the app.



I can't repeat enough how relaxing this app is and the music reminds me of getting a massage at a spa!!



No comments:

Post a Comment