Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Apps #7



Apps make the world go round....well not quite, but they do make our mobile devices go.  I stumble upon apps, I find apps on Pinterest and Facebook and seek out FREE apps on AppsGoneFree. 

I'll share an app or two with you and include pictures or even a video.  I would love it if you would either:  share an app with us  or try out the app I've recommended and let us know what you think.  

If you share, please tell us:
* the name
* the price
* what devices it works on (iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
* how you use it
* why it's worth downloading

This week I'm sharing: TypeDrawing
I found this app thanks to AppsGoneFree and it's been free since Tuesday August 13th.  It's normally $1.99 (which I wouldn't have paid for) but since it was free...  This app is meant for your iPhone but can be used on the iPad if you tap on the 2x button to zoom in. 

In a nutshell, this is a concrete poetry creator.  Concrete poetry is when you use words to draw pictures.  

First you type in your word or words, then you can change the font and color and finally you draw on your blank canvas and watch your words come to life.  You can change words (fonts, colors) whenever you want and you can change the entire background color as well.  Plus, you can insert an image and draw on it!
This GoRgEoUs view is only 3 minutes from our house!

   


Obviously this app is a fantastic tool for kids to be introduced to and write their own concrete poetry.  But I could also see this being used to practice spelling or vocabulary words.  I have to say that this simple app is very fun and kind of addictive!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment