Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Apps #6


Apps make the world go round....well not quite, but they do make our mobile devices go.  I stumble upon apps, I find apps on Pinterest and Facebook and seek out FREE apps on AppsGoneFree. 

I'll share an app or two with you and include pictures or even a video.  I would love it if you would either:  share an app with us  or try out the app I've recommended and let us know what you think.  

If you share, please tell us:
* the name
* the price
* what devices it works on (iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
* how you use it
* why it's worth downloading

This week I'm sharing: BUMP and Photo Collage Free
I have been using BUMP for a long time and it's so nice to be able to either bump phones with my mom or husband to share pictures or, most often in my case, bump my phone to either my iPad or Laptop (or BOTH as was the case in getting pictures for this blog post).  

It's free, works on both iPhones & iPads and I use it for any classroom pictures I take on my phone (which serves as my primary camera) that I want to put on my website.

I'm also sharing Photo Collage Free

I was surfing the app store on my iPad this week trying to find an app that allows you to write on your photos....still looking for one by the way :-)
Instead, I came upon this one: Photo Collage Free.

   
1) Choose a layout, 2) Tap to choose photos, 3) Voila a collage!

This is the before and after of setting up my desk.
I got to work in my classroom today for the first time this school year!

This is from a 5K I did this summer in the Bahamas, while
we were on a Disney Cruise.  Best race EVER because I jumped
right into the ocean afterwards!

This app is free and is available for iPods, iPhones and iPads.
I think the first project I'd like to do with this app is to take pictures on the first and last days of school and put them into a collage and give them to students as end-of-the-year presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment