Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Apps #9

Apps make the world go round....well not quite, but they do make our mobile devices go.  I stumble upon apps, I find apps on Pinterest and Facebook and seek out apps on AppsGoneFree. 

So I was at Target this week and saw some cute drawers for my classroom and took a picture of them with my phone.  But, knowing how bad my memory can be, I wondered "Is there an app that lets you write on pictures so I won't forget later?"  I stopped my cart and looked through the app store and found just what I needed: Phonto!
This app is available for both the iPad and the iPhone and is FREE.  

Here's how it works:
Start with a blank canvas and a photo.

Add a filter if you want.
Click on the 'Add Text' button to do so.

Choose the font you want and center it.
Make your text the size and color you want and place it wherever you want on your photo.
Voila!
In addition to tagging pictures for later, here's how else it could be used:

-You can (cutely) post pics to Facebook, Instagram, etc.

-Students could take pictures of classroom work, happenings, etc. and type the caption.  These pictures can be used on your classroom blog, your classroom newsletter, e-mailed to parents, playing in a slideshow out in the hallway at Parent-Teacher Conferences.

-You can take photos all year long of what you are doing in the classroom with students to provide evidence to your principal for the purpose of teacher evaluation (i.e. The Danielson Framework which our district has adopted).

I would LOVE to hear your ideas for using this app if you try it out.  
It's FREE and FUN!









No comments:

Post a Comment