Friday, June 3, 2016

Greatest Hits

If you know me, you know how much I L-O-V-E Readers' Theater.  Freebies are also something I love! So I combined both of them.

You can now have 17 fiction & non-fiction scripts at your fingertips in one file.  You can use the TinyPDF app to use them sans paper.  Also included is some information about Close Reading and Readers' Theater.

And along the lines of Readers' Theater, I'm not sure where I got the idea but this past year I put up a permanent stage curtain in my classroom, in front of my main whiteboard and meeting area.  
It was a great decoration, was our stage for Readers' Theater presentations and was useful when I wanted students to only see part of the board and keep something out of view.  I bought a long curtain rod and 2 wall-mounted things to put the curtain rod on (kind of like brackets that you'd hang your bike up on when winter comes around)....not sure of the name.  But I got them at Home Depot and will put in a third one up (in the middle) next fall.

I took my kids to the library today and as they played I roamed the aisles of book and grabbed ones that stood out.  So I have some more (fiction) Readers' Theater inspiration.









No comments:

Post a Comment