Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Made It: Readers' Theater Stage


I whipped up a vision I had in my head a few weeks ago...but knew I needed to take my time and make it better.  

I love Readers' Theater and wanted to try to make a little stage out of PVC pipe so we could use it in the classroom for parent events and even during our Daily 5 groups for when kids do Read to Someone (I've been creating Partner Plays just for this group).
So here it is!

Voila!
It can be lengthed out or up by adding additional, smaller, pipes.

Here's what I used.
The width was pretty much 3/4 in. and the length was 24in.

From behind
A "foot"...integral to making the entire thing
balance and not tip over!
One of 3 "posts"


I can't wait to use this...I'm going to spray paint the pipe shiny metallic gray though :) If you decide to make this, I'd LOVE to see pictures and hear all about it!



Go check out all the cool things that teachers have made, over at:

4 comments:

  1. Partner plays! What a great idea! Love the readers theater. Thanks for sharing what you used to make it!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cute! Every year I beg my husband to make a stage for me...somehow he gets out of it! Your idea is better! Takes up less space and is super cute! Love it!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte!

    One great thing about this is that it's collapsible and storable! I'm going to buy a little duffle bag to keep the parts in...then it's portable too! I'll teach my kids how to help me assemble it too. I had so much fun at Home Depot at 7:30a.m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I will have a bigger classroom next year and am going to set up a theater corner.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete