Monday, March 11, 2013

The Three Billy Goats Gruff Freebie

I have been doing most of my Readers' Theater lately in my small reading groups.  I did the Cat the Hat with 2 groups of 7 and Green Eggs & Ham and I Can Read With My Eyes Shut with groups of 2.  I really push fluency hard this time of year with my first graders and I'm hearing some wonderful results!  

I downloaded a Fluency Bootcamp packet from MrsJordanReads last year and finally pulled it out and am using parts of it right now.  She categorizes fluency as: pace, phrasing, expression & punctuation.  I had never really thought of fluency broken down like this, but I agree and am enjoying stressing pace, phrasing and expression and the kids have totally picked up on the lingo!


Speaking of fluency...here's my FAVORITE way to work on it: Readers' Theater!
I hope you enjoy this script!

Is the grass always greener on the other side?
I know 3 billy goats who think it is....as soon as they get past a grumpy old troll!  This classic tale can be brought to life by your students with this Readers' Theater play.






No comments:

Post a Comment