Sunday, June 16, 2013

But or Butt?

I came across and bought THE funniest, but informative, book yesterday:


I grabbed it off the shelf because:

#1)  Did I just see what I think I saw?
#2) I have a 5-year-old who thinks butts and poop are hilarious.
#3  I was curious...

Not only is this book funny, but it's actually a great non-fiction read!  The whole premise is that the author, a photographer, doesn't always get the perfect animal photograph because they often turn away from him....showing him their butts!  So he decided to make a book about it, ingenious if you ask me!

I started thinking about how I could use this book and when I could read it to my students.  I start non-fiction in January, after winter vacation, so I could do it then.  But I really don't want to wait so long!  So I thought about reading at the beginning of the school year, a month in.  We could do a writing extension called Whose Shoe? where I take a photograph of everyone's shoe and then we do shared writing to come up with a riddle for each student, just like the book.

And lastly, I have to laugh at the author's last name....I read it as tequila, which I think is awesome and, in a margarita, delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment