Sunday, December 29, 2013

I'm lovin' it...

I only started drinking coffee a few years ago but have found my go to drink, a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks!  I usually treat myself to one on Saturday mornings after I drop my daughter off at dance class.  
But I've been frequenting them more lately and actually sitting down to work on projects.  Creating Readers' Theater scripts is my thing and lately I've been itching to roll out some non-fiction scripts because I can tie science and social studies in to the reading benefits!

So this afternoon I stopped at a Starbys, put my headphones on and let the writing flow.  The Eric Satie station on Pandora drones out the nearby conversations and drink order calls and inspires me.  Today I continued working on a script about the life and message of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  The thing I love about working on non-fiction scripts is that I get to do research to make sure my facts are correct.  And I'm a sucker for quotes-- love them!  I started reading his quotes and incorporating them into the script and I started getting pumped up.
  I'll admit, I've never really done anything special leading up to MLK day.  It's a day off and time to stay home in my jammies.  But one quote got me:  "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?".  I've always wanted to reach out and help others but have never done anything about it.  So now I'm wanting to participate in this day of service, as President Obama has deemed it.  And hopefully this play will not only explain why we celebrate this holiday but also inspire them to do something on Monday January 20, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment