Monday, December 2, 2013

Cyber Monday SALE and Gingerbread Palooza

It's on like Donkey Kong...the Cyber Monday SALE over at TPT that is, and I'm on the bandwagon too!


I'm soooooo excited because today my classroom is going to be invaded by the Gingerbread Friends.
These 4 will be up to good and no good for the next 3 weeks.  Every morning my students will arrive to find out what they've been up to during the night!  We'll photograph and write about each day.  Students will have their own little gingerbread journal and we'll make a class book.  This is the first time I've done this and I'm flying by the seat of my pants (ideas are taking over my brain) and I'll collect everything and put together a nice packet during winter vacation so if YOU want in on the FUN, you'll have everything you need for a January filled with Gingerbread and mischief!

This weekend I researched all the different kinds of Gingerbread Man books out there.  I have some in our own classroom library, I'm getting some from the public library and I ordered some online.  I'm especially interested in parodies or fractured fairy tale type books.  Here's a beginning list, but all the books I find will be compiled and included in the packet I create.



So excited to share this one since we live in Alaska and
Barbara Lavallee is the illustrator!
I sat next to her at a church function last year!


Almost forgot!  I have a new Readers' Theater script to go with this fun mischievous month:
















No comments:

Post a Comment