Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mr. Ugly

My students sit in "team" groupings.  Teams can earn points all day long for showing great behavior.  So each day a different student on each team is the Team Commander and takes care of adding points when they earn them.  Team Commanders can also do things like get and distribute supplies for everyone on their team.  This is what I use to show who is the Team Commander each day:
But I was walking around the grocery store the other day while my daughter was at ballet class and found a display of little gourds...that were so ugly they were cute.  I knew I could use them for something so I bought 5 of them and ended up gluing goggly eyes to them and, for this month, they've replaced the above statue to show who is the Team Commander everyday.  We call them "Mr. Ugly" and the kids love them!




For the month of December I think I'm going to find some cute snowmen and use them!




No comments:

Post a Comment