Saturday, November 9, 2013

The 50th Day of School

2 years ago my first grade colleagues and I celebrated the 50th day of school by having a 50's theme day and now it's an annual tradition!
I grew up on oldies and love to dance so I truly look forward to this day all year!  We spend the day doing many different math, reading and writing activities focused on the number 50.  I also incorporate history, culture and fun into our day as well.
Making a record glyph
Working in our 50's packet
Making words with the letters FIFTIES DAY
A scavenger hunt to find as many 50's as they can
Scavenger Hunt
We ended our day with a Sock Hop in the MPR and it was so FUN!  None of my 21 students (for the record glyph) didn't like to dance.  And 80% of my class also dressed up...they were so stinkin' CUTE!  One kid was even practicing poses before he came to school, ha!

Coke floats for a special snack!


So I'll have to wait 364 days until I get my oldies fix again.  But if I had my druthers, I'd do a 60's day and 70's day and 80's day too!

If you're interested in more of the things we did, check out my 50th Day of School packet.





No comments:

Post a Comment